Master in Event Management, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE) (Full Time) - Madrid - English
: Full TimeIdioma
: Abril y OctubreEdad Nacional
: 21-60Edad Internacional
: 21-40Estudios Mínimos Nacionales
: A partir de BachilleratoEstudios mínimos Internacionales
: A partir de FPIntroduction
This program will be conducted in English in Madrid.
The objective of Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism is to equip professionals and executives to lead business projects focused on planning and managing various types of events (in particular, Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE), as well as congresses, conventions and trade fairs), ensuring that they have a firm grasp of the concepts of protocol and communications and public relations strategies, and enabling them to generate tourism development specializing in the quality business tourism sector. The programme also ensures that participants have the business perspective required to be efficient in the decision-making process.
Reasons for taking Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE):
- In-company Master’s Thesis: The Master’s Thesis is based on a real company in the sector.
- Spain is the 3rd leading country in the world terms of the greatest number of conferences. Two Spanish cities feature in the Top 5 cities in the world hosting most events: Madrid y Barcelona.
- Campus in Barcelona, one of the cities hosting most events, including Mobile World Congress, Bridal Week and City Innovation Summit, giving students the opportunity to round off their tuition with practical placements for certain courses at these events.
- Organization of real events: Students taking the Master take charge of organizing the School’s event and protocol.
Insight into the MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions) industry and the Protocol Department of Institutions. Building a firm knowledge base in the tourism industry from an international perspective and always with an executive approach.
2. Sustainable Innovation and Management. Developing the capacity for creativity and innovation in the industry and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialist training, equipping participants to take on positions of responsibility.
3. Global vision. Training directors equipped to manage events companies, conventions business tourism and institutions, and who are able to achieve the expected results at a global level.
4. Training executives. Developing the executive skills required of a global manager of MICE companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team.
5. Development of strategic plans. Learning the key factors in drafting strategic and immediate action plans in MICE settings (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions).Study programme
Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism is divided into 5 modules:
Module 1: Introduction to business tourism and events organisation
Module 2: Strategic management in the business tourism and events organisation sector
Module 3: Protocol
Module 4: Management of events organisation and business tourism companies
Module 5: Master’s ThesisCourses
- Introduction to Business Tourism (MICE)
- Introduction to Events Organization
- Event types I
- Event types II
- Strategic Management of Business Tourism
- Strategic Management in Events Organisation
- Oficial Protocol
- Company Protocol
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- Operations and Logistics Management
- Experience Management
- Master’s Thesis.
The Professional Careers Service is a department providing support for current and former students which aims to guide and accompany students as they strive to reach new professional goals, as well as adapting their professional expectations and interests to be more closely in line with the employment market.Professional Careers Service
- Employment Exchange
- Employment Workshops
- Company Meetings
- Graduate Programme
- Weekly Newsletter
- 4th Year Degree Entrepreneurs Series
- Online Employment Forum.
- Cultural Events Organization being commissioned by private and public companies or private clients.
- Events organization, design and management, conducting feasibility, profitability and ROI studies.
- Public institution departments at a state, regional, provincial and municipal level focused on the implementation of cultural, heritage, and artistic policies through the design, planning and management of events in this field.
- Companies specializing in the organization of trade fairs and other commercial promotion events in the field of public relations.
- Hotel establishments specializing in hosting events such as congresses, conventions and conferences.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the Barcelona campus will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION
- The qualification of Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality.
- The qualification of Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism from EAE Business School.
- The qualification from the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
In order to receive the qualifications granted by EAE and the University, participants must fulfil the requirements stipulated by these institutions.Financial Support and Grant programme
Ostelea gives its students access to two lines of funding to finance their Masters: firstly, Financial Support and, secondly, the Grant Programme.
The Objetive of Ostelea's Financial Support Programme is to provide economic support to all of the students enrolled that have to cover part of the costs involved in their tuition, which are designed to stregthen their academ and professional capabilities.Requirements
: Applicants must have passed Ostelea’s admission process and meet the entry requirements.Application
: Information related to the content of the Master, admission requirements and financial support programme will be given in the assessment and admission interview.Financial support
: Based on the period and the programme, the Admissions Board will decide whether to offer a financial support package that includes the following components:
1. Discount for the enrolment date (per period/maximum of 25%).
2. Discount for early payment (7%).
3. Interest-free finance throughout the course of the programme.Compatibility issues
: Compatible with the Grant Programme, with the exception of the Accredited Disability Grant.
Ostelea's Grant Programme has three types of award:
1. Grants to Specific Collectives
2. Grants for Academic Excellence
3. Grants for Academic Performance.EL CENTRO
En Ostelea mantenemos una estrecha relación con el ecosistema empresarial, consideramos que es la base de nuestros programas académicos y nuestras actividades relacionadas. La sólida relación que mantenemos con el mundo empresarial nacional e internacional nos permite obtener una visión privilegiada de las empresas del sector de Turismo y Hospitality. En la actualidad, un centenar de compañías como Hilton, American Express, Barceló Viajes, Lonely Planet y Turijobs forman parte de nuestra red.