BA (Hons) in Tourism & Hospitality Management.
Course Type: Online Undergraduate
Career Path: Hospitality
Course Category: BA
BSBI is excited to announce our BA (Hons) Tourism & Hospitality Management programme will be delivered 100% online. Study from wherever you are in the world while benefiting from a diverse cohort of global students and save money on accommodation and visa costs.
Why study this programme.
This three / four-year programme (international route) is perfect for those seeking a career in tourism and hospitality - whether you dream of running your own hotel or managing a catering company, the BA (Hons) Tourism and Hospitality Management will equip you with the skills needed to do so successfully.
If you are interested in a career in business, BSBI is the perfect school for you. Our tutors are experienced industry professionals who take pride in passing on their expertise through hands-on teaching methods. Want a successful career? BSBI is able to offer access to careers resources and support, which will be offered to support your preparation for a successful career after graduation.
We have integrated the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) into the heart of our teaching and e-learning programmes to help students organically adjust to online study.
BSBI is in partnership with the University for the Creative Arts (UCA), a Gold Standard institution under the Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework (TEF). As a result of this partnership, BSBI is able to offer this programme 100% online. UCA is an acclaimed creative institution in the UK that ranks highly in all three of the major UK league tables. The university has also been ranked 13th out of all UK universities in the Guardian League Table 2020; and ranked no.7 in the 2021 Guardian League Tables for Business, Management & Marketing.
Student Satisfaction Survey 2020 revealed that:
- 87% of students are satisfied with their experience at BSBI - Source: BSBI March 2020 StudentSurvey
- 88% of students feel their ideas are valued in their course - Source: BSBI March 2020 StudentSurvey
Why study online with BSBI.
1. Flexibility: work around your current job, family, other commitments. Work from anywhere, at any time. Learn from the comfort of your own home.
2. You can learn on your own schedule and at your own pace.
3. You will develop skills important for the workplace e.g. self-motivation, project management and time management.
4. Learn technical skills that are becoming increasingly important: Collaborative work via online platforms and video calling
5. You can save on accommodation and commuting costs.
Minimum age: 21
Academic qualifications: Strong undergraduate degree from a recognised university. If you do not meet the academic requirements, you may be assessed on relevant work experience. You must have at least 3 years of management experience.
English language requirements:
• IELTS – minimum OS 6.0 (with min 5.5 in each component) or equivalent test (i.e. Password Test, PTE, TOEFL IBT)
• Applicants who achieved a bachelor’s degree or above* from a recognised university (according to NARIC), where the method of instruction was entirely in English (teaching and assessment) must submit a Medium of Instruction Letter
• Canadian nationals who have completed a bachelor’s degree at an English-speaking University must submit a Medium of Instruction Letter
• West African Certificates (WAEC AND NECO only) with a minimum of C6 in English and issued within the last 5 years. Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) is also accepted with an overall grade C or above. For Tanzania and Cameroon, we request an IELTS (or equivalent certificate)
• Cambridge IGCSE, Cambridge AICE certificates
• International Baccalaureate Diploma can be accepted if: English Syllabus A: Standard or Higher Grade 4, or above and English Syllabus B: Standard Grade 5 or Higher Grade 4, or above
• Nationals of a majority English speaking country who have taken their academic qualifications in that country, do not need to sit an English test (Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, UK and USA)
*Above bachelor’s degree can be postgraduate certificate, postgraduate diploma, master’s degree, etc.
Course Duration: 4 years (international route)
Campus Based: No