University Canada West is a contemporary independent university located in the heart of vibrant Vancouver.
Established in 2004, UCW offers a range of career-focused programs including the Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication, Associate of Arts and Master of Business Administration. Courses are offered at our downtown Vancouver campus and online too. Offering courses online brings flexibility to education, allowing those who may not have otherwise had the opportunity to gain respected qualifications.
University Canada West is a business-oriented, teaching-intensive university. We deliver programs that provide students with the applied and theoretical basis for success in the workplace and future academic endeavors.
Governance at UCW
- To exemplify a contemporary Canadian university.
- To be relevant, accessible, and innovative.
- To offer career-focused courses to transform students into leadership-ready graduates.
- To provide exceptional service and support to students whether they study with us online or on campus.
- To offer flexibility to make education more accessible to those eager to progress both academically and professionally.
- To foster a diverse and challenging learning environment focused on practical application of knowledge and building competencies for scholarship, leadership, and responsible citizenship in a global context.
University Canada West, a division of LearningWise Inc., was established in 2004 as an independent institution that provides quality education to undergraduate and graduate students through the campus in Vancouver, as well as through a virtual campus. The Government of British Columbia through the Degree Quality Assessment Board (DQAB) has approved University Canada West to offer the following degrees:
Bachelor of Arts (Business Communication);
Bachelor of Commerce; and
Master of Business Administration.
University Canada West has a system of governance similar to the bicameral system in place at many other Canadian universities.
The Board of Governance is responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the university including fiduciary, legal and financial responsibility for University Canada West, with a role and mandate similar to that Boards of Governors for public universities.