International University Foundation
This 1-year programme will definitely boost your English and your university study skills with 16 classes per week in small groups of 10-12 international students.
The International University Foundation has been running successfully for a decade now at International Business School. Its primary objective is to prepare students for continuing their studies in English at higher education level. It is, therefore, first and foremost recommended for those who eventually wish to obtain an English university degree from the International Business School/The University of Buckingham. It is also an excellent opportunity for those who simply want to improve their English for various purposes.
- Duration of programme: 2 semesters
- Starting date: September, February
- Campus: Budapest
- Admission criteria: High School Leaving Certificate
- Language of tuition: English
The programme includes a total of 400 hours of English and university study skills lessons per academic year. Students will receive preparation and practice in some or all of the following areas, depending on their language competence upon entry:
- Business English
- General English
- International Issues
- Study Skills
- Quantitative and IT skills
All our teachers are highly qualified and have substantial experience in teaching. Students are grouped according to their level of English; the levels range from Beginner to Upper-Intermediate.
Besides the language modules, IBS offers the following extra opportunities to the course participants:
- At the end of the programme, those students whose average score in the Business English subject is at least 60%, may take the LCCI (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry) Language Exam free of charge in the school.
- We provide students with feedback on their academic achievement continuously during the semesters.
- Those students who achieve passing results (a min. 40% in each module) and meet further educational requirements of the programme (their absences do not exceed 20%) receive a Certificate of completion of the course.