INTERNATIONAL BRAND MANAGEMENT (MASTER OF ARTS)
This Master's programme is open for all applicants who are passionate to learn a multi-cultural perspective and appreciate students from diverse academic background.
During our Master's programme International Brand Management you will learn about all of the success factors that drive cross-border and cross-culture marketing and brand management in different economic, cultural and legal systems. The programme provides students with the theory, concepts and skills to build strong brands and succesfully market products and services for business in a global competitive environment.
Collaborating with well-known agencies and companies, students learn to create effective communication campaigns suitable for selected countries. Students of BA have a chance during their studies to do a practice project for such companies and enterprises as American Express, Bosch, Globetrotter, Space Coach, Hamburg HafenCity, Tallink Silja Line.
- Duration of Study: 4 Semesters, full-time
- Start: Winter or summer semester
- Campus: Hamburg
- Language: English
: First academic degree, written application and personal interview
Who is the International Brand Management designed for
Are you ambitious and eager to work with different cultures?
Do you have an interest in strong brands like Apple, Mercedes, Mont Blanc, Nivea and Schwarzkopf and want to experience how East meets West, and you are keen to combine theoretical knowledge with the world of business?
Then you’ve come to the right place. Take the first step in your global career with the Brand Academy Master’s course.
- International Brand Management
- International Marketing Research
- Intercultural Competence I
- Business English for Marketing
- Financial Management
- Corporate Branding
- Intercultural Competence II
- International Product Development
- Elective Module I – Specialisation in Luxury Brands
- Politics and Law
- International Management: HR & Emerging Market
- Sales and Supply Chain Management
- Transnational Brand Communication: Classic Communication & Digital Communication
- Elective Module II – Specialisation in Service Marketing/ Business-to-Business
- Practice Transfer Project
- Master's Thesis
As a graduate of this programme you will have a key skills and knowledge to manage brands on the global stage and will be good prepared for an international career in marketing, strategy, brand and product management, sales and marketing research.
Graduates of this course usually enter the workplace as international Brand Manager,
international Marketing & Sales Manager, Market Research Manager, or Digital Marketing Manager.
Successful completion of Bachelor’s degree rated at 180 credits (ECTS).
2. English Skills
English language proficiency at least B2 level (e.g. TOEFL (550/85) or IELTS (6.5) or an equivalent proof.
3. Submission of completed application documents in English
• Application form and photo
• Letter of motivation (max. two A4 pages)
• Current CV in English
• Certified copy of your undergraduate degree accompanied by a transcript certificate
• Proof of working experience or placements, letters of reference, if available.
In a two-stage selection process we will determine if you have reached our academic
criteria for admission to our graduate course. During the process we will assess your
subject-related and general aptitude.
The selection procedure
: Assessment of your application materials
: Entrance examination in the form of an interview.
Our oral entrance examination is conducted by the Programme Director and a member of the faculty.
If you pass the interview successfully, you will be entitled to join the course.
Mission and Vision of Brand Academy
The mission of the Brand Academy
Application-oriented, interdisciplinary University of Applied Sciences for Brands – intercultural brand competence in the continiously coalescing world.
The vision of the Brand Academy
A leading academic competence center for brands in Eurasia.