Master in Event Management, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE) (Full Time) - Madrid - English
: Full TimeIdioma
: OctubreEdad Nacional
: 21-60Edad Internacional
: 21-40Estudios Mínimos Nacionales
: A partir de Bachillerato (ID 4)Estudios mínimos Internacionales
: A partir de FP (ID 5)Presentación de Máster
This program will be conducted in English in Madrid.
The objective of Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism is to equip professionals and executives to lead business projects focused on planning and managing various types of events (in particular, Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE), as well as congresses, conventions and trade fairs), ensuring that they have a firm grasp of the concepts of protocol and communications and public relations strategies, and enabling them to generate tourism development specializing in the quality business tourism sector. The programme also ensures that participants have the business perspective required to be efficient in the decision-making process.Reasons for taking Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism (MICE)
Additional cross-profile services included in your Master (limited places)
- Organization of real events: Students on the Master take charge of organizing the School’s events and protocol. In previous years, the students helped to organize International Book Day, among other events.
- Personal brand management: The program includes the development of skills in the field of personal brand management, which include learning personal marketing and employability techniques, in order to identify professional opportunities in Spain and further afield.
- Stress management techniques: The program includes a number of sessions on stress management techniques, a crucial skill for any events organization executive, as their psycho-emotional balance is vital for effective team management.
- Competence: This is the only full-time program in English in this field of knowledge in Spain.
- Extensive program of visits to trade fairs, events and organization: If the tuition period coincides in terms of dates, students on the program can attend FITUR, considered to be Europe’s second most important tourism trade fair and/or Fashion Week Madrid.
- Tourism Skills Development Program.
- Employability-focused training: Professional careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Program, among others (subject to offer).
- Monthly conferences with Directors of different departments and CEOs from the leading companies in the sector.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French to choose.
INSIGHT INTO THE MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions) industry and the Protocol Department of Institutions. Building a firm knowledge base in the tourism industry from an international perspective and always with an executive approach.
SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION AND MANAGEMENT
Developing the capacity for creativity and innovation in the industry and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialist training, equipping participants to take on positions of responsibility.
Training directors equipped to manage events companies, conventions business tourism and institutions, and who are able to achieve the expected results at a global level.
Developing the executive skills required of a global manager of MICE companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team.
DEVELOPMENT OF STRATEGIC PLANS
Learning the key factors in drafting strategic and immediate action plans in MICE settings (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions).Study Programme
Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism is divided into 5 modules:
- Structure and finances for the tourism sector
- Talent management and innovation
- Management of events organization and business tourism companies in global settings
- Structure of the Global Tourism Industry
- International marketing, protocol for events and business tourism
- Master’s Thesis
- Within each of these modules, there are several courses in which you will learn about:
Módulo 1: Structure and finances of the tourism sector
- Structure of the global tourism market - 6 Credits - Compulsory
- Finance for the tourism sector - 6 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 2: Talent management and innovation
- Intellectual capital and talent management - 6 Credits - Compulsory
- Innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset - 6 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 3: Management of events organization and business tourism companies in global settings
- Strategic management of events and business tourism companies - 6 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 4: Structure of the Global Tourism Industry
- Events organization and business tourism companies: operations, logistics and quality - 6 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 5: International marketing, protocol for events and business tourism
- International marketing and experience management for events and business tourism companies - 6 Credits - Compulsory
- Official and business protocol - 6 Credits - Compulsory
Módulo 6: Master’s Thesis
- Master’s Thesis - 12 Credits - Compulsory
Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism is directed by María Nuño de la Rosa, has a Master in International External Relations and Protocol from the Universidad Camilo José Cela of Madrid. María Nuño was Supervisor of Institutional Relations of the Transport Consortium of Madrid.Professional Careers
Ostelea gives its students training designed to enhance employability
To this end, it gives students access to the Tourism Skills Development Program and a selection of services designed to guide and accompany them towards reaching them professional goals. These services include (subject to offer):
- Professional careers programs (choose one): Employability – Entrepreneurship – Career Transition
- Talent Week
- Employment Forum
- Graduate Program
- Company Meetings
The Tourism Skills Development Program includes (limited places):
- Executive skills
- Public Relations
- Advanced Excel
- Tourism Marketing
Key Professional Opportunities related to this Master include:Professional Opportunities
- Cultural Events Organization being commissioned by private and public companies or private clients.
- Events organization, design and management, conducting feasibility, profitability and ROI studies.
- Public institution departments at a state, regional, provincial and municipal level focused on the implementation of cultural, heritage, and artistic policies through the design, planning and management of events in this field.
- Companies specializing in the organization of trade fairs and other commercial promotion events in the field of public relations.
- Hotel establishments specializing in hosting events such as congresses, conventions and conferences.
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the Madrid campus will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION
- The qualification of Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality. (INSTITUTIONAL)
- The qualification of Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism from EAE Business School. (INSTITUTIONAL)
- The qualification of Master in Events Organization, Protocol and Business Tourism from the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos. (INSTITUTIONAL)
In order to receive the qualifications granted by EAE and the University, participants must fulfil the requirements stipulated by these institutions.Financial Aid Program
Ostelea gives candidates access to grants in the form of financial aid with the aim of providing support for our students.
Each application will be evaluated independently and the grants will be issued during the admission process, with the candidates being notified personally by the Admissions Committee before formalizing enrolment.
Under no circumstances are grants issued that represent 100% of the total enrolment fees.
Financial aid is offered in the following cases:
- A deposit paid in advance to reserve a place.
- The candidate’s profile meets the requirements for each program.
- Former students of the School. In this case, a discount of 25% is applied to the enrolment fees.
En Ostelea mantenemos una estrecha relación con el ecosistema empresarial, consideramos que es la base de nuestros programas académicos y nuestras actividades relacionadas. La sólida relación que mantenemos con el mundo empresarial nacional e internacional nos permite obtener una visión privilegiada de las empresas del sector de Turismo y Hospitality. En la actualidad, un centenar de compañías como Hilton, American Express, Barceló Viajes, Lonely Planet y Turijobs forman parte de nuestra red.