Máster Universitario in Event Management and Business Tourism - Madrid
- Where: Madrid
- Format: Full time
- Titulation: Institution
- Duration: 10 months
- Credits: 60 ECTS
Who is it for?
Middle age: 26 years
Profile: Graduate and young professional
Work experience: Not required
Presentation and Objectives
Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization and Business Tourism (MICE) equips students to become business project professionals and directors in the events and protocol sector. It enables students to specialize in all types of management of events, congresses, trade fairs, conventions, etc. On completion of the Master, students will have a strong command of the concepts of protocol, communication strategies and public relations. The students will contribute towards tourism development focusing on the business tourism sector.
Ostelea’s Master in Events Organization and Protocol (MICE) is taught in Madrid, a global hub of business tourism. In 2017, Madrid was the venue for a total of 20,320 conferences, making it a highly attractive destination for tourism professionals who are thinking of broadening their knowledge and skills in the field of events organization and management.
The Master in Organization of Events will allow you
Global Vision: to train executives oriented to the business management of the tourist companies capable of obtaining the expected results globally.
Development of Strategic Plans: to present the keys to the elaboration of strategic plans and their application to immediate action in MICE environments (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions).
Achieve Management Skills
- Management Experience: The student will develop the basic skills to manage projects effectively, the "Soft Skills".
- Organization of real events.
- Stress management techniques.
- Monthly conferences with Directors.
The student will have the possibility of holding an International Tourism Residential in Saxion (Holland). (additional cost).
Campus to Campus: Possibility of carrying out part of the program in the other campus of Ostelea. Interchange Barcelona- Madrid (accommodation and displacement not included).
Reasons for taking the Master
Value added benefits
- Management Skills
- Residential Programs
- Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Assistance to fairs
Training of Directors
: develop the necessary management skills of a global manager of MICE companies to ensure that collaborative, assertive and participatory work is developed among all team members.
Other outstanding values of studying in Ostelea
- Ostelea is a member affiliated with the World Tourism Organization (WTO), a benchmark in world tourism governance.
- Ostelea is a member of the Spanish Association of Tourism Professionals (AEPT).
Innovation and Sustainable Management
: develop the capacity for creativity and innovation in the industry and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialized training, qualifying participants for the assumption of positions of responsibility within the hotel management.
Get to know the MICE industry (Meetings, Incentives, Conferencing and Exhibitions): build a strong base of knowledge of the industry from an international perspective and always from the managerial approach within the hotel management.
Ostelea offers to the participants of this master training designed to enhance employability opportunities such as:
TSDP - Tourism Skills Developement Program
An exclusive program where they will learn to develop their skills and abilities.
The TSDP consists of 55 teaching hours that includes:
- Management Skills
- Public relations
- Advanced Excel
- Turistic marketing
- (Limited places)
Talent Tourism Week
- Employability: 3 workshops focused on candidate selection and improvement processes.
- Entrepreneurship: through the Entrepreneurs Project where they will receive advice Career.
- Transition: 5 workshops to guide students about their professional future.
With the presence of relevant companies in the sector that will present their offers and then interview the students who are possible candidates.
(To choose one)
Companies participate by publishing their offers online and interviewing our students.
Elaborated by multinational companies (Hilton, Mandarin Oriental, Hotusa ...), whose objective is to select the most suitable candidates.
Meetings between national and international companies, where students can learn the profiles most in demand in the sector.
Professional Opportunities that are most common on participant of the Master in Events Organization and Business Tourism (MICE):
Tuition Plan of the MICE
- Director of establishments focused on business tourism and event organization.
- Hotel establishments dedicated to hosting events, such as congresses, conventions and conferences.
- Companies that use sponsorship and patronage as a communication tool and need qualified professionals to manage the events they are going to organize or sponsor.
- Departments of public institutions of any field dedicated to the implementation of cultural, patrimonial and artistic policies.
- Protocol specialists in both private and official events, working in companies or on their own.
- Marketing directors of companies focused on business tourism.
The Master in Event and Business Management of Ostelea | Tourism Management School has four modules and it ends with the Training and Master's thesis:
Structure and international finances for the tourism sector.
- Structure of the global tourism market (6 ECTS).
- International finances for the tourism sector (6 ECTS).
Talent managment and innovation in global contexts.
- Intellectual capital and talent management in global contexts in events organization and business tourism (6 ECTS).
- Innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset in events organization and business tourism (6 ECTS).
Management of events and business tourism companies in global contexts.
- Strategic management of events and business tourism companies (6 ECTS).
- Events organization and business tourism companies: operations, logistics and quality (6 ECTS).
International marketing and protocol for events and business tourism in global contexts.
- International marketing and experience management for events and business tourism companies (6 ECTS).
- Official and business protocol (6 ECTS).
- Professional Training (6 ECTS).
- The final project of this master will be the development of a business plan based on event planning, organization and business tourism. The main objective here is that the student assumes all the knowledge acquired during the master an put them in a real situation.
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates, in this way all the participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
To start the admission process it is necessary to fill in the information request. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview to which the following documentation must be submitted:
- University degree
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two Recommendation letters
After finishing the interview, the Admissions Committee will analyze case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to inform him of the status of his admission.
The participant who successfully completes the program on the Barcelona campus will obtain TRIPLE CERTIFICATION:
Scholarships and Financial aid
- Máster en Organización de Eventos y Turismo de Negocio, by Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Official).
- Master in Event Management and Business Tourism, by Ostelea | Tourism Management School (Own degree).
- Master in Event Management and Business Tourism, by EAE Business School (Own degree).
Ostelea offers candidates scholarships that consist of financial aid with the objective of supporting our students.
Each application will be studied independently, it will be granted during the admission process and it will be communicated personally by the Admissions Committee before the formalization of the registration.
Scholarships representing 100% of the total enrollment fee will not be awarded in any case.
The economic aid will be offered in the following cases:
- Advance reservation of place.
- Adequacy of the profile to the requirements of each program.
- Former students of the school. In this case, a 25% discount will be applied to the enrollment.