Master in International Management and Tourism
- Where: Madrid
- Format: Full time
- Titulation: Institutional
- Duration: 10 months
- Credits: 60 ECTS
Who is it for?
Middle age: 28 years
Profile: Graduate and young professional
Work experience: Not required
Presentation and Objectives
The Master in International Tourism Management equips students to lead business projects in the tourism sector, developing skills that enable them to adapt to this increasingly segmented and competitive market. The Master gives students the opportunity to learn to make decisions efficiently from a business and international perspective that always embraces new technologies
Students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA). Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea’s Barcelona campus.
This Master is taught in English at Ostelea’s Madrid Campus. Spain is a world leader in global tourism. In 2017, the country welcomed a total 82 million international tourists.
This Master is also taught in Spanish in Barcelona. This program has been named as one of the top 20 master in the world in the Tourism & Hospitality category, in the Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking Worldwide 2017. The newspaper El Mundo also ranked the Master among the top 5 programs in Spain in its Best Masters league.
This Master will allow you
- Students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea’s Barcelona campus. (Accommodation not included).
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Management Experience: Students develop the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Specific training at the headquarters of the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Turismo de España and the embassy of a guest country each year.
- Series of conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
Attendance to sector trade fairs
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
: students have the opportunity to attend up to two relevant trade fairs in the field of business tourism held in Madrid over the course of their tuition program.
Other Key features
Reasons to take the Master
- International faculty: some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: members of the Master faculty form part of Ostelea’s Interdisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-Ostelea), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (in the case of Barcelona's programs) and Sustainability (in the case of Madrid's programs).
- Residential Programs
- Achieve Executive Skills
- Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Attendance to sector trade fairs
The most common Professional Opportunities for the participants in the Master in International Tourism Management are:
Tuition Plan of the Program
- Tourism Product Director.
- Corporate Director of Tourism Organizations.
- Director of Operation in tourism companies.
- Destination planner and manager.
- Consultant in tourism companies.
Ostelea’s Master in International Tourism Management is divided into four modules and it ends with the Master's thesis:
International Structures and finance of the tourism sector.
- Structure of the global tourism market (6 ECTS).
- International finance for the tourism sector (6 ECTS).
International marketing and commercialization of tourism destinations.
- International tourism commercialization and new technologies (6 ECTS).
- Marketing of international tourism destinations and products (6 ECTS).
Talent and innovation management in global contexts.
- Innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset (6 ECTS).
- Intellectual capital and talent management in global contexts (6 ECTS).
Strategic management and operations in global tourism destinations.
- Operations and quality in tourism sectors (6 ECTS).
- Global strategic analysis in tourism (6 ECTS).
The final project of this master will be the development of a general commercial plan or a partial plan based on developing a business plan. This plan must be developed arrount an already existing company or based in a new project if the alumn wants to be enterpreneur. The main objective here is that the student assumes all the knowledge acquired during the master an put them in a real situation.
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates, in this way all the participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
To start the admission process it is necessary to fill in the information request. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview to which the following documentation must be submitted:
- University degree
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two Recommendation letters
After finishing the interview, the Admissions Committee will analyze case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to inform him of the status of his admission.
The participant who successfully completes the program on the Barcelona campus will obtain TRIPLE CERTIFICATION:
Scholarships and financial aid
- Máster en Gestión Internacional del Turismo, by Ostelea | Tourism Management School (Own degree).
- Máster en Gestión Internacional del Turismo, by EAE Business School (Own degree).
- Máster en Gestión Internacional del Turismo, by Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Own degree).
Ostelea offers candidates scholarships that consist of financial aid with the objective of supporting our students.
Each application will be studied independently, it will be granted during the admission process and it will be communicated personally by the Admissions Committee before the formalization of the registration.
Scholarships representing 100% of the total enrollment fee will not be awarded in any case.
The economic aid will be offered in the following cases:
- Advance reservation of place.
- Adequacy of the profile to the requirements of each program.
- Former students of the school. In this case, a 25% discount will be applied to the enrollment.