Master in International Tourism Management (Full Time) - Madrid - English
: FULL TIMEIDIOMA
: Abril.TIPO DE PROGRAMA
- Turismo de negocios
- Gestión de empresas turísticas
: NOPresentación de Máster
The Master in International Tourism Management, majoring in Management of International Tourism Destinations, is designed to equip professionals and executives to lead global business projects in the tourism sector.
This master is also conducted in Spanish in Barcelona. For further information click here
Reasons to take the Master:Executive Skills
- Management Experience: Students develop the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Specific training at the headquarters of the World Tourism Organization (WTO), Turismo de España and the embassy of a guest country each year.
- Series of conferences with executives from hotels and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea’s Barcelona campus. (Accommodation not included).
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
Attendance to sector trade fairs
- Students have the opportunity to attend up to two relevant trade fairs in the field of business tourism held in Madrid over the course of their tuition program.
Other key features
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea’s partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of Ostelea’s Interdisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-Ostelea), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (in the case of Barcelona's programs) and Sustainability (in the case of Madrid's programs).
- Language: English or French
The Master in International Tourism Management will give you the following benefits:
INSIGHT INTO THE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Building a firm knowledge base in the tourism industry from an international perspective and always with an executive approach.
Training directors equipped to manage tourism companies and who are able to achieve the expected results at a global level.
DEVELOPMENT OF STRATEGIC PLANS
Learning the key factors in drafting strategic and immediate action plans in multinational tourism settings.
SUSTAINABLE INNOVATION AND MANAGEMENT
Developing the skills required of a global manager of tourism companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team.
Developing the skills required of a global manager of tourism companies to enable them to work cooperatively, assertively and participatively with all of the members of the team.Study programme
Ostelea’s Master in International Tourism Management is divided into 5 modules:
- Structures and international finance of the tourism sector
- Talent and innovation management in global context
- Strategic management and operations in global tourism destinations
- Marketing and international commercialization of tourism destinations
- Master’s Thesis
Módulo 1 : Structures and international finance of the tourism sector
- Structure of the global tourism market - 6 Credits - Core course
- International Finance for the tourism sector - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 2 : Talent and innovation management in global context
- Intellectual and talent capital management in global context - 6 Credits - Core course
- Innovation and the entrepreneurial mindset - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 3 : Strategic management and operations in tourism global destinations
- Strategic analysis of tourism and leisure sector - 6 Credits - Core course
- Operations and quality in tourism sectors - 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 4 : Marketing and international commercialization of tourism destinations
- International touristic marketing and new technologies - 6 Credits - Core course
- International marketing strategies for tourism destinations and products – 6 Credits - Core course
Módulo 5 : Master’s Thesis
- Master’s Thesis - 6 Credits – Core course
Ostelea gives its students training designed to enhance employability
To this end, it gives students access to the Tourism Skills Development Program and a selection of services designed to guide and accompany them towards reaching them professional goals. These services include (subject to offer):
- Professional careers programs (choose one): Employability – Entrepreneurship – Career Transition
- Talent Week
- Employment Forum
- Graduate Program
- Company Meetings
The Tourism Skills Development Program includes (limited places):
- Executive skills
- Public Relations
- Advanced Excel
- Tourism Marketing
Key Professional Opportunities related to this Master include:
Admission and Qualification Process
- Tourism Product Director.
- ?Corporate Director of Tourism Organizations.
- Director of Operation in tourism companies.
- Consultant in tourism companies.
- Destination planner and manager.
The admission process ensures the candidates’ suitability and, as a result, all of the participants can make the very most of this learning experience.
To begin the admission process, candidates must complete the information request form.
After that, Ostelea gets in contact with the candidate to schedule an interview, to which they must bring the following documentation:
- University qualification
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- English certification or interview in English
After completing the interview, Admissions Committee analyses the applications case by case and notifies the candidate of its decision and informs them of their admission status.
Participants who successfully complete the programme at the campus of Madrid will receive a TRIPLE QUALIFICATION
- The qualification of Master in International Tourism Managementfrom the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality. (INSTITUTIONAL)
- The qualification of Master in International Tourism Managementfrom EAE Business School. (INSTITUTIONAL)
- The university qualification from the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos.* (INSTITUTIONAL)
In order to receive the qualifications granted by EAE and the University, participants must fulfil the requirements stipulated by these institutions.
*"Our institutional Masters, run by Ostelea Madrid in collaboration with URJC, are tuition programs that do not lead to a qualification with official status".EL CENTRO
En Ostelea mantenemos una estrecha relación con el ecosistema empresarial, consideramos que es la base de nuestros programas académicos y nuestras actividades relacionadas. La sólida relación que mantenemos con el mundo empresarial nacional e internacional nos permite obtener una visión privilegiada de las empresas del sector de Turismo y Hospitality. En la actualidad, un centenar de compañías como Hilton, American Express, Barceló Viajes, Lonely Planet y Turijobs forman parte de nuestra red.