MSc in Human Resource Management
Leading and managing people has never been easy, but with modern appraisal systems and career path managment tools, you can now be more efficient than ever.
MSc in Human Resource Management (ranked no. 5 in Eastern Europe!*), mixing theory and practice successfully, offers an opportunity for in-depth study of organisations and the management of work. Graduates are equipped to pursue a wide variety of career options in the HR arena, including employee relations, employee development, assessment and recruitment.
*Eduniversal Master Ranking
“We not only talk about multiculturalism but we experience it.”
Fruzsina Selmeczi, MSc student, Hungary
Key areas of studies
- Duration of study period: 12 months
- Starting date: September
- Degree awarded by: The University of Buckingham
- Campus: Budapest
- Admission criteria: Bachelor degree in any field
- Language of tuition: English
Business data analysis, planning HR management, employee life-cycle management, performance appraisal and management, leading and managing people, CSR, coaching, business strategy, cross cultural management skills. The curriculum is indicative and is subject to change.
Part / Module
1 / Business Data Analysis
1 / Principles and Practices of Global Business
2 / Leading and Managing People
2 / Planning HR Management
1 - 2 / Academic Skills
3 / Employee Career-Path Management
3 / Performance Appraisal and Management
3 / Human Resource Management Elective*
3 / Research Methods for Social Sciences**
4 / Business Strategy
4 / Cross-cultural Management Skills
*Human Resource Management Electives
Corporate Social Responsibility
** Prerequisite: Academic Skills
Knowledge & Understanding
Students upon graduation should be equipped with:
Disciplinary & Professional Skills
- global economic and managerial issues as they relate to strategic decision making;
- contemporary issues of HRM, including human resource planning, talent management, performance management systems, and coaching techniques;
- practical implications of theories regarding recruitment & selection, training & development, career & human capital management, and performance & reward management;
- appropriate techniques and tools to deal with complex issues critical to the success of managing people in organisations.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
"We attach high importance to IBS students being committed and having a humble attitude to work. In our experience they are determined to do their tasks and we can count on their work in the long run."
- To create an opportunity for students to enter human resource management positions in companies and develop people management skills.
- To study, review and put into practice both the “tried and tested” techniques and the latest concepts of human resource management.
- To develop critical awareness of the global business environment and the relevant tools required to make a global organisation successful in managing its human resources.
- To develop an understanding of how relevant HRM techinques can be applied in the organisation to overcome ethical and professional issues at different managerial levels.
- To develop international managers, skilled in interpersonal and cross-cultural communication, and capable of effective communication of all stakeholders of the company.
- To create a global and strategic mindset and to develop sensitivity to learning from other cultures.
- To build an appreciation in students of the need to continuously develop skills and knowledge throughout their careers.
Judit Vértesi-Nagy, Coca-Cola HBC Hungary Ltd.
This programme provides graduates with excellent career opportunities, including positions in Employee Relations, Employee Development and Recruitment. Organisations recognise that a strong HRM team is an essential part of a business enterprise, and the HRM course will train students to perform effectively in many roles.
Our graduates are working in the areas of recruitment, performance and talent management, and organizational development at banks, hotels or HR consulting companies.
*Eduniversal Master Ranking