Brand Management (M.A)
: Master of Arts
Duration of Study
: 3 semesters for applicants with 210 ECTS // 3 semesters plus 1 Pre Semester course for applicants with 180 ECTS
: 90, 30 (Pre-Semester)
: University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS and an average grade of at least 2.5, TOEFL test (at least 81 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable, curriculum vitae – signed personally, letter of recommendation (by your lecturer or employer), personal motivation statement, personal interview with a selection panel/skype interview for international students
Open Media Master M.A.
Specialisation Brand Management (M.A.)
Do you want to understand the real business value of brands? Structural changes in today’s population and the digitisation of our society require new brand management skills. Digital branding forms a new core competence for agencies and companies. Brands play an important role in business and society. Students specialising in brand management learn about current brand management issues and gain awareness for the interrelation of brands within complex brand architectures.
Managing brands without thinking about digital platforms is inconceivable today. Not only do traditional brand leadership and management need to be evaluated, but special attention needs to be given to the role of social media platforms and cocreation. Creative and strategic planning skills as well as the crossmedia usage of all media channels are required in order to develop and manage brands effectively.
This area of specialisation teaches students how to combine the field of management with creative planning and prepares them for leadership roles and tasks in brand development, marketing communication and design functions.
Prerequisites and Pre-Semester course
To begin a master’s programme, you require at least 210 ECTS. If you have completed your bachelor’s degree with 180 ECTS, Macromedia University offers the option of obtaining the extra 30 ECTS needed in a Pre-Semester course.
The Pre-Semester course is an attendance-based course that starts in the winter semester to ensure you can begin the master’s programme in the summer semester without any difficulty.
The university’s master’s program trains the experts of tomorrow who will shape the sector and fashion the creative landscapes of the future.
Your benefits at Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15*
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
- Globally recognised, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA
- Campuses in Berlin & Munich: two of the Top 5 “Most Affordable Cities for Students 2015” worldwide**
- Authentic, practice oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
- International students from all continents
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation
- Master’s degree on three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday)
- Pre-Semester course available online
- Buddy network for international students
- Several Programmes entirely in English
- Campus locations situated in the very centre of Germany’s industrial locations
- Worldwide network of Partner Universities
The graduate and postgraduate school for media and communication has state accreditation from the Bavarian State Ministry of Sciences, Research and Arts, and is also accredited in locations across Germany: Baden-Württemberg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Hamburg and Berlin. Graduates of receive a Bavarian university degree.