: 12 months - Full Time
The transmedia producers are experts in active storytelling in the audio-visual and new media fields, and in multiplatform productions addressed to entertainment, communication and information.
As authors, they conceive, write and transform the creative ideas into editorial projects influencing different communication media at the same time.
As producers, they are able to realize their products in formats that can be shared by different platforms (movie, TV, web, mobile, book), and to promote them on different devices (app. social network, gaming).
As directors, they coordinate the editorial project and know the main 0mechanisms on which the movie, TV, and new media industry is based.
The Master in Trasmedia Producer is addressed to filmmakers and authors of fictions, websites, comics, movies and videogames. The project scope is also perfect for professionals working in the marketing and communication fields who want to realize advertising campaigns and promotions based on complex creative universes addressed to the multiple audiences of the digital media. The use of the storytelling applied to the communication makes the course an important training experience even useful for the realization of program schedules and multiplatform editorial projects addressed to entertainment, communication, news and artistic and cultural promotion.
The Master aims at allowing the students to conceive, design, produce and promote projects for the entertainment, communication, information and art fields that distribute contents and experiences through different media at the same time
Methodology and Structure.
The Master develops all the steps of the creative, design, production, distribution and promotional process of the transmedia work and project.
From the creation to the promotion of the final product and to the management of the content delivery platforms, didactics deals with all the important moments of the story and of the development of the narrative and production moments through workshops, simulations, case studies and on-going tests of the results achieved.
Moreover, in order to develop a higher awareness of the use of the different platforms, theory is integrated with video editing, web editing and game editing practical laboratories, and with the collaboration with representatives of broadcasters and production and distribution 0companies.
The course includes practical exercises and the realization of a final project work launching a movie or a multiplatform audio-visual production.
The course is divided into 10 training modules during which successful case studies will be analysed.
During the same period students will have the possibility to take part in events of the sector. Moreover, the Master will host important people working at public and private broadcasters as well as majors 0of the transmedia field.
Project and thesis.
The final thesis will be a professional document (the so-called project reference document, i.e. an individual paper consisting in about 30 sheets) explaining the different steps followed to conceive and realize the final project work.
This document describes the project to all the people involved in its realization.
The project will be realized in collaboration with a company working in the field.
- Making transmedia
- New authors, users and consumers. Cross-media or transmedia: case studies
- Developing storyworld
- Ideas that work and why they work. Creating complex imaginary universe. World making and milking. The nuclear power of the imagery
- Transmedia Storytelling
- Aspirational stories. Structure and frame of the transmedia story: plot, subplot, platforms. Developing characters for the “cross-media”. Active and synergic narrations.
- Experience Design
- Exciting through transmedia: media sensing and labelling. Moving experiences. Choice excitement. Expanded Environments
- Transmedia Design
- Shapes, spaces and curvature. Supporting system. Competitive system. Omnivorous system. Mutations and timing matters. The “special effects” of the transmedia: stop and go, domino, spin-off, doppler, mindfuck
- Designing transmediality
- Platform Layout. Rabbit Hole and Point of Entry. Platform Action Chart. Transmedia roll out. Transmedia project workflow. Project Reference Document
- Transmedia communication for brands, companies, and institutions
- Deodorizing and merging. Transmedia and brand stories. Gamification and Alternate reality games. Cross-cultural operations. Cultural Heritage
- Transmedia for Goods
- Transmedia activism. Social Benefit Storytelling. Environmental and Conservation operations. Transmedia Literacy and education
- Final Project work
- For the final project work, students will have to conceive a project, realize the materials to be used, and design a multiplatform for a transmedia franchise addressed to entertainment that has to be developed for the web, the TV, the cinema or the game field.
- Max Giovagnoli - Coordinator
- Massimiliano Caldarini
- Maria Elena Canzoni
- Marco D’Ottavio
- Andrea Vidoni
- Nicoletta Iacobacci
La ciudad de Roma, periódicamente aloja eventos de importancia nacional e internacional que ven a IED como protagonista activo, entre los cuales se encuentran el Festival de Cine, RomaEuropa Festival, AltaRoma AltaModa, Festival de Fotografía. La apertura reciente de los nuevos museos Macro y Maxxi, ha dado un impulso renovado a la industria del arte contemporáneo, despertando el interés de un público cada vez más vasto y heterogéneo.