Semestral Course - Florence
The New Media Semester Course focuses on a strategic aspect of the Fashion system.The education process aims at creating and manage integrated visual and communication strategies, structuring connections with other professional figures, creating strategic communication projects through new media. Nowadays the Fashion business is presenting some disruptive changes in digital and the new media direction, such as emerging areas of e-commerce and fashion blogging.
Start date: 09/2017 / Language: English
The New Media program is held in partnership with Luisaviaroma, one of the best Italian e-commerce websites for luxury fashion world wide.
The program is aimed at:
- young professionals that wish to improve their vision and creative skills through new media and advanced communication processes;
- students who wish to gain the basis of New Media strategies in the Fashion field both for a continuing education or for entering the working world;
- Fashion, Design, Communication or Marketing students who wishes to explore the specifics of the Fashion world & New Media.
Special Projects: Within the last editions of the Academic years collaborations have included companies such as: Luisaviaroma.com, Fendi, Guess Europe, Emilio Pucci, Emilio Cavallini, Gold, Targetti, Elisabetta Franchi, Calvin Klein underwear, Versace parfum, The Mall, I Gigli, and others.
Description: The semester program in New Media is a focused program that is developed through courses that aim at preparing participants to work in the new media as a new strategic tool for fashion communication world. This is achieved during classes and special projects where participants will be working alongside real briefs presented by companies and professional figures who are interested on innovating their fashion communication through new media strategies.
The Social Media and New Media strategies aspects are enhanced by the partnership with Luisaviaroma and the avant-garde solutions that Florentine high-end manufacturers are requesting to remain competitive in a world wide market.
The first part of the program introduces the Fashion Communication subjects and then on the specific topics of pertinence to the Fashion sector in terms of communicative image and creative strategies through New Media.
The Course aims at highlighting and understanding of the New Media processes for the Fashion industry, including visual language, communication plans, pricing and strategic planning through traditional and new media.
The IED has a long and outstanding tradition in the training of profiles for Fashion Design and Management and through the years has developed several contacts and projects with main companies in the Fashion field. This gives participants the added advantage of working alongside professionals and companies during the semester and of creating innovative and competitive projects that help participants understand the real issues of the fashion world and improve their team working and creative problem solving skills.
- VISUAL MERCHANDISING
- VIDEO LANGUAGE
- THE ITALIAN FASHION SYSTEM
- FASHION MARKETING 2
- FASHION GRAPHICS
- NEW MEDIA MANAGEMENT
- NEW MEDIA COMMUNICATION
El IED tiene organizada su oferta académica, dividiéndola en cuatro escuelas independientes:
- IED Moda Lab responde a las exigencias formativas cada vez más especializadas. Es una escuela completa basada en la transversalidad de la metodología didáctica que une la teoría con la práctica.
- IED Diseño responde de forma completa a las exigencias del mercado y anticipa contenidos, lenguajes, códigos expresivos y funcionales en los sectores más variados.
- IED Visual Communication es el laboratorio creativo donde se aprenden los instrumentos, los lenguajes comunicativos y expresivos, las nuevas técnicas y las tecnologías necesarias para desarrollar proyectos de comunicación visual.
- IED Management Lab. El primer contenedor IED dedicado a la formación sobre los temas relacionados con la gestión de la creatividad en los procesos empresariales.